As part of our ongoing Fall in Love with Fall series, I created a delicious Apple Sangria recipe.
I love, love, love Sangria. There is nothing like sipping a glass of the homemade red sangria infused with fruit on a warm summer night! But then I saw an apple sangria recipe and it called my name because it is fall and I have lots of apples! For the first batch I followed a recipe and it was nothing special so I made a few more (you know me – anything to get it right) and so below is the winner from my team of taste testers; my family and friends!
Apple and Pear Sangria Ingredients:
- 1 bottle of fruity wine (I used Saracco Moscato d’Asti $12.99)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup peach Schnapps
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple cut into cubes
- 1 Bartlett Pear cut into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 large lemon (juiced) or 1/4 cup lemon juice
Stir and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
On a plate mix together:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Moisten rim of glass with water or lemon juice and dip into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Fill glass with ice cubes and sangria (make sure everybody gets some wine infused fruit) top off with a splash of Club soda or seltzer.
Joie de Vivre!